Welcome to the official Gamlingay & District History Society’s website.
Gamlingay and District History Society is a society for everyone who has an interest in the history of Gamlingay.
It was formed in 1992, and exists to celebrate the history of the village, to collect and preserve an archive of relevant historical material and to promote interest in history generally. Meetings are held in the Gamlingay Village College room 2 at 7.30pm on the second Monday of each month and are open to all, whether resident in the village or not, and everyone with an interest in the subject will be made most welcome.
What we do:
- From September to June we hold a wide-ranging programme of monthly lectures.
- We record and publish memories of villagers of Gamlingay in 20th century.
- We publish articles about places, events and people in Gamlingay and surrounding district.
- Every year we hold an exhibition of archive material at the Gamlingay Show.
- We have collected a large archive of old photographs of the village and people over the last 100+ years and these are displayed on our sister website: www.gamlingayphotos.co.uk
If you have any comments, suggestions, questions or complaints feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you will find the contents of this site both interesting and enjoyable.